JaybeesCrafts.com

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rhodium Precious Metal Pen


This custom hand-turned pen is plated with Rhodium, a member of the Platinum Group of precious metals. The wood is Cocobolo, which is a tropical wood that is very hard and has a hand rubbed lacquer finish, which makes it durable and long lasting. The pen will get darker with use from the natural oils from the skin that will make it more beautiful with time. This pen can be refilled by using a Cross refill that can be purchased at most office supply stores for as little as $3.95 for a two pack.

The fine hand crafted pen will make a great gift or impress your colleagues. It comes in a pen boat for easy wrapping and protection and can be purchased from my web-site jaybees-crafts.com. If you have any questions, please let us know.

I have started several bowls this past weekend. I have started another maple brandy snifter shaped bowl and hope it turns out. I am going to let them dry more than the others in the past..... I will keep you updated on the progress......

Let me know your thoughts and any new techniques on turning you would like to share.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking pen!!!! I have visited your website, and it is full of great gifts that I plan to use for Christmas. Ordered a great looking wooden bowl. Thanks again and keep up the great work and look forward in seeing the new products coming out of your shop.

    Peggie

    ReplyDelete