JaybeesCrafts.com

Saturday, October 3, 2009

New Winged Bowl

This week I tried to change the winged Cherry Bowl as most people look at it. Most winged bowls are shallow and it seems to be the nature to have a very even cupped out bowl if you want to have wings. However I decided to try something different. I cut the bowl part of the winged bowl a little deeper, which gives it more of a bowl feeling, but kept the wings that gives the traditional look. The outcome was fantastic. The wings reach to the sky, and the bowl has a depth that can not be found in the traditional winged bowl. I was also able to leave some of the bark on the edges of the bowl, which gives it a rich character. Take a look and give me your thoughts and any suggestions you may have.DSC_0143

In the weeks to come, I am going to try something I saw on a clip from one of the turning sites. This will give me a vase with wings. I will upload progress photos, as I think this will take several weeks to complete.

If anyone has any different techniques, please let me know, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment