JaybeesCrafts.com

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beer Steins


With the fall season coming, and October Festivals being celebrated all over, I decided to create a few beer steins.  However, I did learn something.  You can not call it a stein unless it has a top on it.  I did not know this, and never gave it much thought.  I am going to call my mugs a stein, even though they do not fit the full definition.  I will have several sizes, in varying heights and thicknesses.  I figure that there are all types of beer drinkers and will try to make a stein (mug) for everyone.


They are made out of a brown clay, that makes a great earthy-looking finish when done in Yellows and Greens.  I plan to finish them in Fall colors, and highlight the imprint on the steins (BEER). 

 Please give me your thoughts on color and possible decorations on the out side of the steins.  I have placed a thumb rest on the top of each handle to help in controlling this large stein.  Each stein measures 5 1/2 inches to 7 inches tall, and the openings are 3 inches to 4 inches round.


Thanks for looking and let me hear from you on your suggestions.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment