JaybeesCrafts.com

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Casserole Dishes

The new casserole dishes are coming out of the kiln.  I have done in two different glazes over two different clays.  The first one is thrown out of a brown clay with small dark spots which showed up after firing.  It measures about 9 inches across and is about 3 inches deep.

The second one is thrown in a white clay and has a floating blue glaze that I have been working on for several months.  I found this receipt in Ceramic Art Daily and made my own changes to get the greens to come out a little more and still have it floating within the blue.  I will be posting several different shape and different approaches to this type dish over the next several weeks.


I will be in Blairsville Georgia this coming weekend for a festival and hope the weather tones down a little on the heat.  I hope to see everyone there!  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment