JaybeesCrafts.com

Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Pottery Projects

Here are a few pictures of the new Pottery projects.  I have about 15 different projects started and in different stages of being finished. The new wheel was delivered, and I have been practicing on throwing the clay.  It is not as easy as I thought.  However it is coming along great and with a little practice, things are looking up.   I have hand thrown each of these and I'm getting them ready for the first firing.  This firing will be at about 1250 degrees for about 3 hours.  Then they will be coated with a glaze and the final firing will be done at around 2450 for about 8 hours.

This one is a bean pot and can be used for a flower pot or whatever.  I do plan to glaze this is a green and blue combined glaze.  I love the type glaze that comes out looking like you have mixed several colors and overlapped each of the colors.

I also am doing a group of cups.  These are drying and the next step is to put on the handles.  I am going to take these to class tomorrow and have the instructor show me how to do the handles so they look like they flow into the cup.

This one is going to be a small jar, for holding Sake.  I plan to finish this is a white glaze and over coat of green grass.
Stand by for the finished projects.  They should be finished in about a month or two.  Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any suggestions and ideas on projects.  As always keep practicing and always work for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment